Easter Egg Hunt Safety Tips for Greater Dallas Area
It is that time of year again when thousands of children in the DFW area will be searching for brightly colored Easter Eggs. Easter Egg hunts are scheduled throughout the DFW area and some families will hold their own Easter Egg hunts at home. If you are hosting an Easter Egg hunt this year, there are a few safety tips that you need to keep in mind to reduce the risk of injuries and accidents.
Easter Egg Hunt Safety Tips
- Do not place eggs too high or in areas that require children to climb over or onto items to retrieve the eggs.
- Before the hunt, walk through the entire area to ensure that all dangerous items have been removed and secured.
- Place several parents around the hunt area to watch for problems and remind children to walk instead of running.
- If you are using real eggs, make sure that the dye you use to color the eggs is food-grade dye. You also need to inspect the eggs before and after the hunt for cracks or damage. Eggs that have cracks or damage should be thrown away immediately.
- Be careful that you do not hide eggs near areas where wasps, bees, snakes, or ants can pose a danger to children hunting the eggs.
- When using plastic eggs filled with candy, make sure to use wrapped candy or secure the eggs so that they do not open during the hunt. To avoid this issue, consider placing “tickets” in the plastic eggs that can be redeemed for candy and prizes after the hunt.
- If you include small toys or trinkets in the eggs, you need to consider the choking hazard for small children.
- Depending on the number of children and the age of the children, you might want to consider assigning a specific color of egg for each child. The child can only pick up eggs that match the color. You may prevent arguments and hurt feelings this way.
- When attending community Easter Egg hunts, remember to check inside all eggs to examine candy and prizes before allowing your child to have the items.
Take a few steps to prepare for your hunt and following through with certain precautions can reduce the risk of someone being injured or hurt.
2018 Easter Egg Hunts Near Dallas
There are several Easter Egg hunts in the Dallas-Forth Worth area that your family may enjoy this year. The Twilight Community Egg Hunt is being held on Friday, March 23 at the Oak Grove Soccer Complex. The free event begins at 6:00 pm and runs until 8:00 pm and includes a variety of activities for children, in addition to five egg hunts.
The Town of Flower Mound is hosting two Easter Egg hunts this year. The 35th Annual Easter Egg Scramble is scheduled for Saturday, March 24, beginning at 1:30 pm with the hunt to begin promptly at 2:30 pm. Children can search for thousands of eggs, in addition to enjoying other activities and meeting the Easter Bunny. The second Easter Egg hunt in Flower Mound is scheduled for Saturday, March 31. The Underwater Egg Hunt begins at 10:00 am and includes games, arts & crafts, and other fun surprises. Pre-registration is required for the underwater egg hunt.
For a long list of Easter Egg hunts and other Easter activities in the North DFW area and other surrounding areas, visit the FamilyeGuide website.
Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas, TX
The product liability attorneys of The Fox Law Firm, P.C. handle cases related to defective medical devices, dangerous drugs, and other defective products. Call 1-866-FOX-FIRM or 1-866-369-3476 for more information.